R E C I P E || FLOURLESS BANANA & OATS BISCUITS (WITH POPPYSEED)

Yo! Uni is starting to get hectic, hence the lack of activity, buuuuut I'm taking this chance to post another recipe.

Today's baking was born from me wanting something to snack on while I study. I actually wanted to eat some roasted nuts instead, but I don't have any, and I'm still sad about that.



So, I made do by taking the last two bananas and the half eaten one in the fridge (yeah, I know; gross, but it was totally fine). I didn't want to make anything that required too much effort because I'm a lazy as fuc-




This little snack, which I am not entirely sure is a biscuit but I call it that anyway, is pretty good for a quick bite or a nibble when you're feeling peckish. It's easy to make too. DOUBLE POINTS, HELL YEAH.



I don't know if they are biscuits :'D


FLOURLESS BANANA & OATS BISCUITS (WITH POPPYSEED)


Yield: 10-15 small biscuits

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup ripe banana, smashed (should be about two bananas, depending on size)
  • 1/2 tspn (teaspoon) cinnamon
  • Pinch of nutmeg
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup almond meal (desiccated coconut, ground flaxseed, or LSA can also be used instead of almond meal)
  • 1/4 cup honey (you may use less if that's more to your liking as the banana is already sweet)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup dried fruit or nuts of your choice if you so desire (in this instance, I've used poppyseed)

METHOD:
  1. Preheat the oven to 160C fan forced.
  2. Prepare and line your tray with baking paper.
  3. Smash the banana(s) with a fork, enough for one cup, in a medium bowl. If you have some small banana chunks, that's alright.
  4. Combine all ingredients in the bowl, and evenly mix with a spatula until it starts to bind.
  5. Using a teaspoon, scoop a moderate amount of the banana batter onto the tray. Leave about two centimetres between each biscuit. Shape and slightly flatten the biscuits with the teaspoon. You can sprinkle extra oats or even choc chips on top.
  6. Bake for 30 minutes. Leave them to rest for about five minutes before transferring them.
---

And there you have it! A quick and easy snack for those studying sessions or whenever you're feeling peckish.





Make sure to store them in an air tight container and in the fridge. They still taste nice cold, but if you prefer them warm, a few seconds in the microwave should do the trick.

Also, I'm going to be focusing on my studies for the rest of semester, meaning that I'll be inactive for about a month or two. I'll be back sometime in October or early November, depending when my exam will be schedule.

Until then, hope everything will be okay for everyone! Later~

- Del

Comments

Popular Posts